
On the 9th I was invited to do get a free, private tour of the dome of the Capitol building. I would have to miss work and didn't think it was anything too special. After deciding to go, I asked for the time off, easily got it, and went to my congressman's office. While sitting there and talking to a some other people, one of the people said he had been working in Washington for over five years and had never had the opportunity to go on one of these tours. So, I guess it's something a bit more rare. I'm glad I went. A small group of us went around with our congressman and a tour guide to go up and inside the dome, outside to look all around DC, and then out on the porch area of the Speaker of the House. It was pretty cool!


You can fit the Statue of Liberty inside (w/o the pedestal) with approx. 30ft to spare.
Congressman Flake and I




2 comments:
Very cool. I am still jealous that the entire family will be going to visit you in DC. Oh well :) Anyway, Sorry about your diving phone. That's a drag. Keep posting :)
hey i want to be a friend on your list. ps. i am extremely jealous of all your coolness in dc
Post a Comment