Saturday, January 10, 2009

Back and Forward

So D.C. has come and gone. I am now back in Provo to begin the end of my time at BYU. Living and working in Washington, D.C. for nearly four months was full of various experiences, all to learn from, a few I hope to not repeat. Luckily, the pros outweighed the cons and I hope to return to the District some day, whether for graduate studies, work, or something else. The weather was great during my stay. What I thought was cold at the end paled in comparison to my first day back in Provo. However, I had close to three weeks to relax and "vedge" in good ol' AZ with the fam. I decided that's about 95% of the reason I go home - to see the fam. My favorite part by far is the opportunity to play with and watch my nieces and nephews. They are awesome! I wish I would've taken more pictures with them while home.

The last few weeks since D.C. have been full of fun. From being able to watch my younger brother do his first solo performance...
hangin with my "sobrinos"...
and duning...

In those last two pictures, my brother and I rigged a helmet cam to my helmet, filling a gap with a couple granola bars. Unfortunately, I heard the cam didn't pick up much more than sand. Sorry guys! Overall, duning this time was great! It's always fun to be with the fam out in the desert and waking up to ride quads for a few days. I just wonder when I'll be able to go again....

So, now I'm back in Provo, with a week of my last semester under my belt. It'll be a tough one, but I'm looking forward to that redeeming light of the somewhat unknown at the end of this deep tunnel.

6 comments:

J said...

I enjoyed your post. We will try to take more pictures of you with the sobrinos when you come. I would be interested in seeing your other dune pics too. Good luck this semester. Take care of Jace and make him check in at least every couple days.

Ty said...

you know what they say about them tunnels... There's always a light at the end of the tunnel. Just pray it's not a train.

A Farmer's Wife said...

You have wonderful pictures in this post! How fun that Jace is there with you! Best of luck this semester!!! You will do great!!!

Caleb Manscill said...

Kyle, I love the pics! I'm glad you posted your blog on your gchat status.

Erin The Great said...

Those are some sweet pics man! Sorry I'm not in Provo to help ease the boredom.

Kristen said...

I vote that you provide an update on your life these days. Also, I never noticed till now that my blog in your bloglist has something of a title. I'm flattered :)