Sunday, October 5, 2008

It's 3am. I haven't learned to post blogs in my sleep, so obviously I'm awake. I lay in bed for I don't know how long. 30, 45 minutes, an hour. I got up, walked around, read a bit, and decided to get online. I tried to focus my thoughts on nothing, but how can we really do that? It's as if my mind and heart were having a race, impervious to my drowsiness and need to get up in a few hours for work. The first few weeks of my mission were like this--late nights, random thoughts, writing about nothing to no one. DC is going well; I love it out here. Something about being in a big city with constant, moving flow running with me. The day brings a peaceful rhythm of city life and a quiet glow at night. One you feel as you move, the other as you stop and simply look. Here's a glimpse of the latter for me:

8 comments:

Kristen said...

Your pics are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I can relate to sleepless nights. Especially in Mataro. Especially in the creaky bunkbed that you share with your mission companion. Especially when he wont leave you alone.Haha, Hope you're doing well!

A Farmer's Wife said...

As you might expect...I am more curious about why you aren't sleeping...are you stressed...considering big decisions...work going ok??? Are you feeling ok??? I am overly concerned and borderline nosey but since it all stems from the sincerest love I think it's allowed! I hope you are sleeping better!!! Love & Miss you!!! Xela

Lanu-Banu said...

Kyle that was deep. Good job. Haha

Candi said...

Hey Kyle its cody...Dude your in DC...thats awesome...I would love to get back there. I could spend weeks in those museums...Not much here just waiting on the birth of our new baby girl...any day now. Well enjoy DC and be careful.

Lauren said...

I totally feel that way tooo Kyle! However there is hope. Next time you can't fall asleep, Becky and I have decided that when I can't fall asleep she gets to hit me upside the head with a chair and that way I can fall asleep for hours. But on the serious side, I covet your photography skills!

Jandel said...

I just saw your blog off of Laurel's. You are lucky to be in DC, it's a great place, I loved my internship there and can't wait to go back someday. Cool pictures.

Lanu-Banu said...

you never update your blog.